Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
makes 12 moist cupcakes
NUTTY CINNAMON SUGAR
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*.Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Blend cinnamon, sugar and set aside.
- Melt 1 tbls butter, set aside.
- TO MAKE BATTER:.
- whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat butter till fluffy on high, gradually beat in sugar till fluffy, lower speed to medium and beat in egg, then sour cream and vanilla.
- Lower speed to low and beat in flour mixture, just till blended.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared muffin tins, sprinkle with half of the nutty cinnamon sugar, top with remaining batter and nut mixture --
- Drizzle with melted butter, gently swirl batter with knife.
- Bake until the tops are golden and crisp and springy.about 20 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes in tins on racks.
I thought these cupcakes were very good. There was no amount listed for sugar called for in the batter part of the recipe so I used 3/4 cup and it came out nice.