Recipe by Marz
This recipe came from Pillsbury. Haven't tried this yet, but hopefully will do so soon.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease 12 cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with pecans, tilting pan to coat sides with some of the nuts. Set pan aside.
- In a one quart microwavable bowl, place 3 ounces chocolate. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave in 10 seconds increments, stirring each time, until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed one to two minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in /2 cup of sour cream, the vanilla and eggs until smooth. In low speed, beat in one cup of the flour, the baking powder and salt until ingredients are moistened. Beat in remaining sour cream and flour just until blended.
- Spoon two cups of the batter into cooled chocolate, stir until mixed. Spoon half of the remaining batter into pan. Drop half of the chocolate batter over the vanilla batter. With table knife, gently swirl. Spoon remaining vanilla batter into pan. Top with remaining chocolate batter. Gently swirl; smooth top.
- Bake 38 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
- Place 1 ounce chocolate and oil in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on high
- Bake seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm or cool.