Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Sour Cream Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 baking chocolate squares
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Mix semisweet chocolate, baking chocolate, and butter together, then melt carefully in microwave or over simmering water in double boiler. Allow to cool to lukewarm. Mix sour cream, sugar, corn syrup, egg and vanilla. Blend with melted chocolates. Blend flour, soda and salt, then add to the chocolate mixture and blend very well. Add the chocolate chips. Pour batter into 12 paper-lined or greased muffin tins. Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and allow to cool on wire racks.
- (When freezing, cool completely, then freeze in individual baggies, removing as much air as possible from each baggie before sealing.
- Yield: 12 muffins.