Recipe by Olha
The fact that this glorious chocolate cake takes just seconds to assemble will make you feel like a wizard with a magic wand. This is a marvelous fudgy chocolate cake and you will enjoy the simple but delicious Chocolate Buttercream. All of the cake ingredients are placed in a food processor.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
FOR THE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CAKE: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds, or until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Pour batter into a 10-inch buttered springform pan and bake in a 350°F oven for about 30 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan. Remove cake from pan.
- When cool, swirl Chocolate Buttercream on the top, in a decorative fashion and frost the sides. This is a low cake, so don’t think anything went wrong. Serves 8.
- FOR THE BUTTERCREAM: In a bowl, stir together melted chocolate and melted butter until blended. Stir in vanilla. Yields 3/4 cup frosting.
- NOTE: If you own a microwave oven, chocolate chips and butter can be melted together by placing in a bowl and microwaving for 1 minute on high. Turn the bowl and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir together until blended.
- If you don’t have springform pan then use a regular 10 inch pan and put parchment paper or waxed paper to cover the bottom of cake pan. Grease and sprinkle with flour and the cake will come out.
- Easiest & Best! Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.