From Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Sour Cream Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
Rich Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 36 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups. In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; place on cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat all frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread frosting over cupcakes.
It was looking like I was going to get 5 dozen out of this mix so assumed my patty tins were smaller than yours and they only took 13 minutes to cook but the first dozen were a disaster as they rose they spread and stuck to the top of the tin and on removal broke up. For the next two batches (a dozen each) I used less mix and they came out fine and then at hubbies suggestion I switched to my large muffin tin and these took 20 minutes to cook and I got 15 out of the remaining mix. Took to the DS's recreation group with the frosting (so they could choose to frost or not) and they loved them. Thank you Betty Crocker. Made for 123 Hit Wonders 2008.
these were fantastic. I used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda as well as low fat sourcream.