From Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Sour Cream Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
Rich Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 36 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups. In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; place on cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, beat all frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread frosting over cupcakes.