Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
An Excellent deliciously soft and munchy, very brownie-like textured cookie. This recipe was given to me by a friend who loved to bake and was excellent at it!
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Sift together the flour, salt, soda and baking powder.
- Cream the butter or margarine and vanilla, with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Blend in the melted chocolate.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Drop by teaspoons on to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 10 to 12 minutes.
These cookies came out too dry even though I follwed the directions exactly, and the chocolate flavor was not strong enough....I prefer a chewier and moister cookie.
Yummy Yummy ...those are wonderful little cakes . My whole family loved them. Thank you for sharing this recipe. This is one I wrote down in my favorite recipes book.