Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The title of this bread says it all!! Not to mention that this is the best new bread I have tried in ages. A moist, rich chocolate bread with nuggets of molten chocolate and the crunch of nuts -- what more could you ask? This recipe came from Savory Sweet Life - Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook (http://savorysweetlife.com).
- 118.29 ml salted butter, room temperature (1/4 lb.)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripened bananas, mashed
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 29.58 ml cocoa powder
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml mini chocolate chip (regular sized will work, also)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended. Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix everything until well incorporated (about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer). Add chocolate chips and walnuts, if used.
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick into center of loaf and checking to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.
- Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Invert the loaf pan onto a cooling rack. Serve bread warm or cold.
This banana bread had a LOT of flavor. I followed the directions exactly, but did toast the walnuts for about six minutes in the warming oven (and then let them cool), before adding. This was super easy to make. Yummy!
Really delicious! Just the right balance of chocolate and banana. I loved how quick it was to mix up. I did alter the recipe. I only had one stick of butter left in the house and knew I would need it for the breakfast in the morning and running to the store was out of the question, so I I used half a stick of butter and a 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt. The recipe turned out good, although I think I should have baked it a few minutes longer, I took it out a 55 mins.. I think I could have just used the 1/2 stick of butter without the yogurt and will try that the next time I make this. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I usually have another go-to banana bread but I had some sour cream to use up. I think the other recipe just got booted off my rotation. This was amazing and addictive! Thank you!