1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
The title of this bread says it all!! Not to mention that this is the best new bread I have tried in ages. A moist, rich chocolate bread with nuggets of molten chocolate and the crunch of nuts -- what more could you ask? This recipe came from Savory Sweet Life - Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook (http://savorysweetlife.com).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended. Add baking soda, cocoa, and flour. Mix everything until well incorporated (about 3 minutes in a Kitchenaid mixer). Add chocolate chips and walnuts, if used.
- 3Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick into center of loaf and checking to see if it comes out clean when you pull it out.
- 4Remove from heat and allow bread to rest in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Invert the loaf pan onto a cooling rack. Serve bread warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1027 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.3
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g