Sam #3's Note:
Taken from the October 2009 issue of Chatelaine, a Chipits Chocolate Chips ad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease 2 8in cake pans.
- 3Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4Beat butter with brown sugar in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- 6Whisk 1/2 cup sour cream with milk.
- 7On low speed, alternately beat in flour and sour cream mixtures, in 2 additions, until batter is smooth.
- 8Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- 9Divide batter equally between the prepared pans.
- 10Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
- 11Cool 10 minutes, turnout onto rack to cool completely, once cooled, cut each cake into 2 layers.
- 12Melt remaining chocolate chips in the microwave on med for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 13Stir in remaining sour cream, beat until fluffy. Chill 15 minutes or until frosting is smooth and approx as thick as peanut butter.
- 14Use to frost layers and top of cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.0
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.6 mg
- Sodium 469.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g