Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Taken from the October 2009 issue of Chatelaine, a Chipits Chocolate Chips ad.
Make and share this Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Layer Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 2 8in cake pans.
- Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter with brown sugar in a separate bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla.
- Whisk 1/2 cup sour cream with milk.
- On low speed, alternately beat in flour and sour cream mixtures, in 2 additions, until batter is smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Divide batter equally between the prepared pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, turnout onto rack to cool completely, once cooled, cut each cake into 2 layers.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in the microwave on med for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining sour cream, beat until fluffy. Chill 15 minutes or until frosting is smooth and approx as thick as peanut butter.
- Use to frost layers and top of cooled cake.