Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received this recipe from a friend 35 years ago. It is the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I use. They are a soft and moist cookie. They are definitely a family favorite in our house.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine sour cream, salad oil, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Mix baking soda and salt into some of the flour.
- Add this flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Then add remainder of flour, a cup at a time.
- Blend thoroughly after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container.
I'm sorry i have to rate this recipe so low........I followed the recipe exactly as written and they were awful..........Tasted like cardboard...........Again i'm really sorry ,but I wont be trying this one again.........Thanks
I didn't find these too tasty. It was also hard to tell when the cookies were either done or underbaked. I would really suggest using full fat sour cream if you try this. This also makes a lot of dough and a lot of cookies.
A very good cookie. Will make again, though I only had lite sour cream so will try it w/ regular next time. They bake really quickly toward the end so keep an eye on them.