Recipe by PA Italian
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
Top Review by Saturn
These are fantastic! I love the bright flavour that the sour cream gives them. They are also nice and fluffy. In my oven, I did have to move my centre rack up one notch. Other wise, the bottoms browned too quickly. After raising the rack, I also added on about 4 more minutes of cooking time. That was perfect for the cookies. I will make this again and again!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- 2 cups flour.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- Combine in a small bowl.
- 2/3 cup butter.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1/2 packed light brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar (Yes it is 1/2 plus 1 tablespoon).
- Combine in a large bowl and beat until creamy.
- TO LARGE BOWL ADD EACH ITEM BELOW AND BLEND:.
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 1 egg.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- NOW add 1/3 flour mixture and stir.
- Add another 1/3 four mixture and stir.
- Add remaining 1/3 flour mixture and stir.
- Add one package of chocolate chips and stir.
- Add nuts if desired (I don't).
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet by the teaspoon, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Makes 40-50 cookies.