1/3 Photos of Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake
Here's a simple to make but very yummy cake. Who doesn't love chocolate chips?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup whole pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan; dust with flour.
- 2For topping:.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and cinnamon, and set aside.
- 4For batter:.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 6Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until completely blended.
- 7Beat in eggs and then sour cream until the mixture is creamy and smooth, slowly add the sifted dry ingredients, making certain to scrape the sides of the bowl into the mixture.
- 8Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla and mix until batter is well blended.
- 9Sprinkle whole pecans on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 10Evenly distribute 1/4 cup of topping in the pan.
- 11Fold the remaining topping into the batter until mixed well.
- 12Pour the batter into the pan, spread evenly, and bake 35-40 minutes.
- 13To test that the cake is done, insert a tester into the center, if the cake is done, it will come out clean, without any batter sticking to it.
- 14Cool the cake for at least 20 minutes in the pan.
- 15Once the cake has cooled, put a plate or serving piece you will use upside down on top of the cake pan, so that the face of the plate covers the open portion of the cake pan completely.
- 16Invert the plate and pan at the same time and place on a flat surface.
- 17Using pot holders, slowly raise the pan so that the cake stands upright on the serving plate.
- 18Sprinkle with powdered sugar to decorate.
- 19Note: This cake freezes well and may be made up to two days in advance.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 232.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g