Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in an ad for Daisy Sour Cream. It sounds so good.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2-8 inch round pans. In a large bowl, beat oil, egg and vanilla for 1 minutes at medium speed, add sugars and beat 1 more minute. Add melted chocolate and beat 1 more minute.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add that to the chocolate mixture in batches, alternating with water. Beat well after each addition. Add sour cream and mix well. Pour into pans and bake 30-35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let them cool completely before frosting.