Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Williams Sonoma. Serve with whipped cream. Prep time does not include cooling time.
Make and share this Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour (355 g)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (90 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (375 g)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly (185 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 g)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chocolate liqueur
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325.
- All ingredients should be room temperature.
- Grease and flour 10 cup bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- On low speed, alternate in three additions the cocoa mixture and sour cream, ending with flour until just blended.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Pour batter into pan and spread batter to sides.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting.
- Combine all ingredients for glaze except liqueur and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in liqueur.
- Glaze cake when cooled to room temperature, and dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.