Recipe by conniecooks
These are very good. They have become a staple at our house for Thanksgiving. I got the recipe from another site and made a few changes. They are quite easy and require no kneading. I have not included the overnight refrigeration time in the instructions.
Top Review by MaMere
These dinner rolls are wonderful! Made yesterday for an early Easter dinner and every guest thought they were perfect! Thank You for sharing a recipe that will be a staple at gatherings conniecooks!
- 1 cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110F)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan heat sour cream until very hot.
- Add salt, sugar, and butter.
- Stir till butter is melted.
- Cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix in sour cream mixture, eggs, flour and chives.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Knead and roll each part into circle.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
- Roll up from flat end to point. (crescent roll style).
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush with egg beaten with 2 tbsp milk.
- Allow to rise until double in size.
- Bake at 375F 15 minute.