Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are very good. They have become a staple at our house for Thanksgiving. I got the recipe from another site and made a few changes. They are quite easy and require no kneading. I have not included the overnight refrigeration time in the instructions.
- 1 cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110F)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan heat sour cream until very hot.
- Add salt, sugar, and butter.
- Stir till butter is melted.
- Cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Mix in sour cream mixture, eggs, flour and chives.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Knead and roll each part into circle.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
- Roll up from flat end to point. (crescent roll style).
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush with egg beaten with 2 tbsp milk.
- Allow to rise until double in size.
- Bake at 375F 15 minute.
These dinner rolls are wonderful! Made yesterday for an early Easter dinner and every guest thought they were perfect! Thank You for sharing a recipe that will be a staple at gatherings conniecooks!