- 1 pie crust
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust, prepare as directed. Do not bake. Preheat oven to 400º.
- For filling, melt shortening in small skillet. Add green pepper and onion. Cook on medium high heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and flour. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Spread in bottom of unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Top with cheeses.
- Combine eggs, milk and sour cream in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour carefully over cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- REDUCE OVEN TEMP TO 350º. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.