Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice twist on a French classic. I love sour cream and chicken together!
- 1 pie crust
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- For crust, prepare as directed. Do not bake. Preheat oven to 400º.
- For filling, melt shortening in small skillet. Add green pepper and onion. Cook on medium high heat 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and flour. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Spread in bottom of unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Top with cheeses.
- Combine eggs, milk and sour cream in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour carefully over cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- REDUCE OVEN TEMP TO 350º. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Delish and simple. We too love chicken and sour cream together and the nutmeg added just the right touch on this. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 3.