tomoko matsunaga's Note:
While my host parents are in Bali for a holiday, I tried to practice cooking most of night and I was looking for sour cream recipe last night. and I found lovely recipe in internet. It says chicken breast but I had only chiken thighs on hand so I used them instead chicken breast also, I added mushroom and sweet red pepper and served with rice. Chicken was nice and tender the sauce was nice and rich & goes really well with rice!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You can leave breats whole or cut them up, whatever your preference.
- 2In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until cooked through and juices run clear.
- 3Remove chiken from skillet and set aside.
- 4Add butter and onion to skillet.
- 5Saute onion until translucent, not brown.
- 6Add paprika and salt and stir.
- 7Then add stock and bring all to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the sour cream mixture (to smooth sour cream lumps, use a whisk.) Add reserved chiken to skillet and simmer in sauce until chiken heated throgh and sauce has thickened.
- 8(if sauce doesn't seem to be thickened enogh, add little bit more flour and stir well).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chicken Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.3
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 603.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 33.1 g