Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While my host parents are in Bali for a holiday, I tried to practice cooking most of night and I was looking for sour cream recipe last night. and I found lovely recipe in internet. It says chicken breast but I had only chiken thighs on hand so I used them instead chicken breast also, I added mushroom and sweet red pepper and served with rice. Chicken was nice and tender the sauce was nice and rich & goes really well with rice!!
- You can leave breats whole or cut them up, whatever your preference.
- In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove chiken from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter and onion to skillet.
- Saute onion until translucent, not brown.
- Add paprika and salt and stir.
- Then add stock and bring all to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the sour cream mixture (to smooth sour cream lumps, use a whisk.) Add reserved chiken to skillet and simmer in sauce until chiken heated throgh and sauce has thickened.
- (if sauce doesn't seem to be thickened enogh, add little bit more flour and stir well).
I thought this was really good! I didn't have any onion, so I used a generous amount of onion powder. I also added garlic powder and black pepper as well. I used two Tblsp flour to thicken, but that was too thick for my taste. I think one is sufficient. I served this over white polenta, which was delicious! Thanks for posting! I will for sure make this in the future since I usually have these ingredients on hand.
Made this last night. I did add the garlic like suggested, fried in oil like recipe asked and still found it to be a little bland. I ended up using about 2 tblsp. of flour and it still wasn't that thick but ok. 1 tsp. won't get you anywhere.
I have followed the recipe and just added garlic. I served it with boiled potatoes and steammed vegetables and it was a great success.