Recipe by Better Every Day
I love this recipe as a simple, country style, casserole, especially since it freezes so well. My mom used to make this all of the time, for that reason, and it was one of the first recipies that I learned to cook as a teen.
Top Review by catmaniacs
We thought this was pretty good, definitely very creamy. We would have liked the ranch flavor to have been a bit stronger, we will make this again trying 1 1/2 pkgs of the ranch dressing mix. Otherwise would keep the recipe the same. Thanks!
- 6 ounces dry wheat wide egg noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles as directed on package. (This usually takes about 8 minutes).
- While the noodles are boiling, sautee onions and garlic over medium heat with the coconut oil until tender. (I personally use coconut oil for almost anything, but if you do not have it, any oil or butter will do.)
- Also during this time, microwave the frozen peas and carrots in a bowl for 2-3 minutes until thawed.
- Cube the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the onion and garlic mixture in the pan. Sautee together until mixed. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and milk. Stir in the ranch dressing mix, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the cooked noodles and pour into a 13X9X2 baking dish. Add the chicken and onion mixture, soup mixture, and peas and carrots. Mix well.
- Top casserole with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce is bubbly.