Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this on another website and turned it around to fit my tastes! I absolutly love the taste of it. I think the kicker is browning the onions before hand. The recipe made enough to freeze half and have later. The original recipe had corn tortillias and green chilies.. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 lbs boneless cooked chicken
- 16 flour tortillas
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet brown onion in butter.
- Combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth,onions.
- Place half the mixture in another bowl; adding the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide chicken mixture among the tortillas, roll, and place in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and serve hot.
The was definatly good, but as most of the other reviewers stated it was a bit bland. I added a few things to spunk it up a bit. I didn't have any green chilies like everyone suggested so I added some salsa and jalapeno juice to the mixture. Since I was using pre cooked shredded chicken that I had made for OAMC I sprinkled a little taco seasoning on it to give it a kick. I also put some shredded cheddar inside the wraps, just for the heck of it...more cheese the better. Over all though, really good, especially as a base to add to. (^_^)
It was good but, could have used the green chilies. It was a little on the bland side.
All of my picky eaters loved it. We added chili and mexican rice.