Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the best! My friend Deb gave me this recipe & it came from a friend of hers who is a chef. Better than any I've ever had in a restaurant.
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 package corn tortilla
- 1 jar picante sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Saute chicken breasts in half a stick of butter, 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp of chili powder.
- When cooked, let cool& chop into small pieces.
- Combine flour and rest of butter.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken btoth& half& half.
- Add rest of cumin& chili powder.
- Turn up heat& stir until thick& bubbly.
- Remove from heat& add sour cream.
- Assemble enchiladas: Place some chicken, chopped onion& 1 Tbsp or more of Picante sauce in tortilla& roll up.
- Top with sauce& sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.