Recipe by marykaia
I found this recipe in the weekly issue of American Profile. I couldn't find a recipe like this here on Recipe Zaar. A lot of similar ones and I have one in my cookbooks, but I wanted to add this one. The directions call for reduced fat or light but of course I didn't do that(cause we just don't do that in our house). I would put more in each tortilla as there was too much remaining sauce. Also didn't add the jalapeno peppers in recipe for my 6 year old. My husband and just add them to top of enchilada before eating. I also cut back on the fresh cilantro. :) I also added a bit more chicken. I buy the pre packaged chicken in the lunch meat isle.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- 3 (10 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container light sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 10 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 13-by-9-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapenos, garlic, chilies, cilantro, soup and sour cream. Cook 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir in chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface. Spoon about 1/3 cup sauce onto each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down crosswise in pan. Pour remaining sauce evenly over top and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes.