AWESOME AND DELICIOUS!! The first time I prepared this dish my DH went crazy scraping his plate! A good OAMC dish for the freezer. Very creamy and easy to prepare. The added toppings give much flavor. This recipe makes a very pretty dish for guests!
- In a medium bowl mix soup, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and chili powder.
- In a large bowl mix chicken, cheese and only 1 cup of salsa mixture.
- Place 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture in each tortillas. Roll up tortillas and place seamside up on a grease sprayed 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Pour remaining salsa mixture over filled tortillas. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Top with cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle top with chopped tomatoes and diced green onion. (If desired spoon additional salsa on top.).
I decided to splurge and make this, as I have been craving some good Mexican cuisine. I doubled the ingredients except for the tortillas and the cheese, onions, and tomatoes on top. I still made 8. I wanted them stuffed full of chicken and other goodies. I can tell you we ate and enjoyed every mouthful, from the first to the last! Very yummy dish Seasoned Cook!
This was a cinch to make and tasted really good. I was looking for a recipe that used a lot of items I had already in our fridge (tomato, green onion, salsa, cream cheese and sour cream, specifically). I wish I would have used a medium salsa instead of hot though because the intense spiciness overshadowed a lot of the good flavors in the dish. Instead of cheddar cheese I used a Mexican blend from the dairy section and I think that was fine. I used low-fat cream cheese and sour cream and it was still very flavorful. For the chicken I used a lightly spiced rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli section which was delicious. I also added sliced avocado on top and those crispy tortilla strips you can get in a bag for topping salads (I highly recommend adding both of these finishing 'touches' as well as the green onion and tomato the recipe calls for). This got rave reviews by my boyfriend (he had 2 servings, I had one, so we've got another 3 servings left for lunch tomorrow :-) Oh, most importantly I wanted to write that I forgot to cover my glass dish with foil as the recipe says to do and it still turned out great. Just remember to grease the dish though because the tortillas might get burnt on the bottom if you don't. All in all EASY and TASTY.
I have two teenagers. One liked them. The leftovers were thrown out as they didn't reheat well. This was a very average dish, I could have done better without the recipe. Very disappointed after all the good reviews it got.