Recipe by Nanita
I originally found this in Betty Crocker's Fix it Fast Family Favorites and adapted it for our tastes. DH doesn't do spicy so this version has about 1/2 the salsa called for in the original. You can skip frying the tortillas and steam them in the microwave if you'd prefer. I've made them both ways. They taste better if you fry them but it's quicker in the microwave and I imagine a little healthier as well.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup green chili salsa, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I use canned)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Fry tortillas in canola oil until softened. Set aside to cool while preparing sauce and filling.
- Combine chicken and two tablespoons of the salsa.
- Combine sour cream and remaining salsa.
- Take each tortilla and spread about two teaspoons of the sauce down the center. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture over the sauce and sprinkle with a tablespoon or so of the shredded cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of rolled enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.