Recipe by ElizabethEstes
A nice semi-mild chicken enchilada recipe that all the kids will like. The pecans add a little different texture and flavor. This is a great way to use your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or 4 cups turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can Ortega chiles
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup minced red pepper
- 1 small tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese, 1 tbs water, cumin, pepper, salt, chicken and pecans.
- Soften tortillas in the microwave.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/8th of the filling and roll up jelly roll style.
- Place seam side down in an oiled 9x13-inch rectangle casserole dish.
- Mix well, soup, milk, pecans and Ortega's in a medium bowl.
- Pour evenly over enchiladas.
- cover with foil and bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of jack cheese.
- Return to oven uncovered for 5 or so minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with minced cilantro, red peppers and tomatoes.