Recipe by Christina P.
Like most tex-mex food, this isn't the healthiest fare but it sure is yummy!!! I use low-fat sour cream, low-fat cheese, and whole wheat tortillas to cut a little of the fat and calories and it doesn't effect the flavor at all. Use more or less green chilies to control the spiciness, too. And, to save time cooking, you can use leftover chicken breasts or a whole pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 dozen flour tortilla
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken in water until tender. Cut into bitesize pieces.
- In a saucepan heat soup, sour cream, onion and chilies until hot.
- Soften tortillas in chicken broth, top each with chicken pieces and 2 T soup mixture; roll up and place in casserole dish. Do all tortillas.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over all, top with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.