Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is delicious but a little mild for our tastes. To spice it up a bit, I throw in a few chopped jalapenos and replace some of the cheese with pepper jack. Oh yummy! Hubby asks for me to make this often.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chopped green chili pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon chives
- In large skillet melt margarine over medium heat. Add onion and saute about 2 minutes. Stir in flour and mix well. While stirring, add chicken broth to skillet. Cook until slightly thickened,stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Reserve 1/3 of mixture and place remainder in large bowl.
- Add chicken, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, peppers, cumin, pimento and chili powder. Mix well.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place in 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Pour reserved sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle with chives and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.