Recipe by Chef Angi Marie
This is a delicious and low fat recipe. I found it in the AHA Meals in Minutes Cookbook. This meal is 5 Weight Watchers points per serving. Two enchiladas per serving.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I wasn't sure how many tortillas the recipe called for. I used 6 large ones, 1 per serving. I used Poached Chicken Breast #101403 for the cooked chicken, and followed the recipe as directed. The salsa in the filling and the lime juice and chili powder in the topping were just what was needed to disguise the "fat-free". I did top mine with chopped black olives because I had some on hand. I will be making these again. A healthy, tasty meal with a side of Spanish rice. Made for Alphabet Soup Game.
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 72 inches corn tortillas
- 12 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare sauce -- in small saucepan, whisk together sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until it is thick and bubbly; set aside.
- Warm tortillas. Wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In non-stick pan combine cooked chicken, cream cheese, and salsa. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until cream cheese is melted.
- Lightly spray 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Assembly: pour 1/2 cup sauce into baking dish; roll chicken mixture into tortilla and place into dish seam down. Repeat. Once finished pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream and lime juice. Spread this mixture over finished enchiladas, sprinkle with chili powder.