Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe when searching for a recipe to use up some leftover grilled chicken breast. Plus it can be put together early in the day, then cooked for dinner.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 8 12-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Heatr oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix soup, sour cream and green chiles, chicken and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place 1/4 cup mixture in center of each tortilla and roll, placing them in baking dish seam side down.
- Spoon remaining mixture onto top of the tortillas and cover pan with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the reserved cup of cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
I was looking for this recipe because my mom used to make it all the time and I was craving it! I thought this looked similar, so I made it last night, but the sauce did not have the same rich, mellow flavor. This sauce tasted very sharp and acidic to me, so I checked the recipe against my mom's and found out that it is almost the same with a few exceptions:<br/>Sautee 2 T. butter, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 c. diced onions until soft, add can of green chilies, add soup, sour cream and 4 oz. shredded cheese. Reserve 3/4 c. of this mixture and stir in 1/4 c. of milk-set aside. Mix chicken in with the remaining cream mixture, heat tortillas, fill tortillas, then top with the cream mixture (plus milk) that was set aside. Bake until golden and bubbly.<br/><br/>We didn't finish the double recipe I made, and it was very dry, so I am going to make some sauce from my mom's recipe and pour it over the top and rebake tonight for dinner. I really appreciate your recipe, it helped me make a quick meal last night. I hope you don't mind my posting the changes I am going to make. Thanks Jellyqueen
Great use of leftover rotisserie chicken and deli us. One of my family favorites.
I make this all the time and my family loves it. I double the sauce part of the recipe when I plan in advance but either way it is great!