Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chuck and Claudia inspired this recipe. They were the sweetest elderly customers where I work. They brought in sour cream chicken breast for my dinner one night. I am just guessing at the size of the cans, just standard sizes.
- 4 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1 (12 ounce) can peas (reg. size can)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- Mix together, chicken, peas, sour cream, and soup.
- Pour in greased casserole.
- Top with cheese. (I have used monteray too).
- Top with ritz crackers.
- Pour melted butter on top of crackers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- You may also use boneless, skinless raw chicken breast. Just lay 4 breast in baking dish and cover with peas, sour cream and soup. Followed by cheese and crackers. You will have to cook about an hour total.