Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Prepare/refrigerate in the morning, and bake when you get home - delicious!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream, reduced-fat is ok
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine (your preference, melted)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken, breadcrumbs and margarine.
- Coat chicken with the mixture, and refrigerate in glass 9x13 pan, preferably at least 8-12 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 15x10 jelly roll pan/cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Bread the chicken pieces with the breadcrumbs, and place on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle half the melted margarine over the chicken, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drizzle remaining margarine over, and bake an additional 20-30 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is done.
We really enjoyed this recipe and my husband thought it was a huge hit. However, I took away a point because I wasn't BLOWN away from the marinating. Because we make the sour cream chicken alot, it didn't seem like it tasted all that different from the one we make up right away and cook. Still, a very delicious recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was indeed easy to make and the flavor was very good. I had made up the marinade and let the chicken set while I was at work and then popped them in the oven when I got home. I did end up overcooking the chicken though. They were probably done after the first 30 minutes. I would try this again for sure.
This was very simple to make, and I loved the thought of it marinating whilst we were out for the day! It had heaps of flavour, and is made with things we always have on hand. I subbed thighs for the breasts though as we prefer them.