Recipe by Lady Amazon
Tender chicken in a creamy sauce over noodles. Easy and inexpensive dish to make on a busy week night.
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens (cut up)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- white wine
- salt and pepper (I use Lawrys poultry&chicken seasoning)
- chicken broth (thin out gravy if needed)
- cooked noodles (of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large deep pan melt butter and oil together. season chicken then add to the pan and brown till golden. REMOVE.
- Add celery,onion and mushrooms to pan and saute till tender. Add wine and scrape goodies off bottom of pan. Reduce down.
- Next add can of soup and container of sour cream to veggies and wine stir together, if too thick you can add some broth to thin it out some. Let it come to a gentle bubble then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add chicken back to pan and cover and let finish cooking till tender.
- Serve over noodles.