1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Cherry Scones
These are great for breakfast, lunch or if you just want a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
- 2Combine the almonds and sugar together in a small bowl, mix well.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Combine scone ingredients together; the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Combine sour cream, egg and almond extract in small bowl until smooth.
- 6Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- 7Stir in cherries.
- 8Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times until smooth, adding small amount of flour, if necessary.
- 9Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a
- 107-inch circle.
- 11Place 2 inches apart onto large ungreased baking sheet.
- 12Sprinkle topping evenly over dough.
- 13Score each half into 8 wedges; do not separate.
- 14Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until scones are lightly browned.
- 15Cool 15 minutes; separate scones.
- 16Store leftover scones in airtight container at room temperature.
- 17Note: You can also substitute 2/3 cups sweetened dried cranberries for the cherries, your choice.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Cherry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (798 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: