Recipe by litldarlin
These are great for breakfast, lunch or if you just want a snack.
Top Review by SkyGlitter
Fabulous! I made this as directed except I didn't have sliced almonds so I put some whole almonds in my food processor and pulsed them a few times. This has a light texture and the almond & cherry flavors blend together so well! Very good with a cup of hot tea or coffee. Thanks for sharing... it's a keeper!
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Combine the almonds and sugar together in a small bowl, mix well.
- Set aside.
- Combine scone ingredients together; the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sour cream, egg and almond extract in small bowl until smooth.
- Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in cherries.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times until smooth, adding small amount of flour, if necessary.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a
- 7-inch circle.
- Place 2 inches apart onto large ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over dough.
- Score each half into 8 wedges; do not separate.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until scones are lightly browned.
- Cool 15 minutes; separate scones.
- Store leftover scones in airtight container at room temperature.
- Note: You can also substitute 2/3 cups sweetened dried cranberries for the cherries, your choice.