Found this one in one of Ms. Davidson's excellent books.. Most tasty :o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb butter (I use salted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream, preferably fat free
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pure, if you can)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves, highest quality you can find
- 1Preheat oven to 350 fareheight.
- 2Butter 2 8-inch cake pans (square or round, either works),and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl ( mixing bowl, if you have one ), cream butter and sugar together until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time,beating well.Add sour cream, and mix well.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt together.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the butter mix, and mix well.the batter will be stiff.
- 6Stir in the vanilla, lemon zest, and cherry preserves.
- 7Spread batter evenly in the pans, and place in oven.
- 8Bake 20-30 mins, or until a toothpick comes stuck into the center comes out clean.
- 9When cooled, a confectioners sugar & lemon juice icing goes very well. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Cherry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 317.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g