Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was cooking with a friend one day when we had a hankering for cheesecake. The only problem was that my favorite cheesecake recipe took all night to set. To fix the time problem, we came up with the genius idea of baking them in cupcake form so they would cool faster. It turned out fabulously and the cupcakes make perfect individual servings to serve at parties or after dinner.
- In a medium sized bowl pulverize the graham crackers.
- Stir the melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar into the crackers.
- Put a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake holder.
- Press firmly and evenly on the bottom.
- First Layer:.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake holder, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Second Layer:.
- Combine the sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the baked part, filling each cupcake holder completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator until cupcakes become firm enough to stand alone when paper holder is peeled away.
- Berry Topping:.
- In a medium saucepan combine the frozen berries and corn starch.
- Bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Simmer until the mixture becomes clear, stirring regularly.
- Cool to room teperature.
- Cover each cupcake with berries.
Recipe was excellent! Easy to make and convenient for carrying along to a party. Didn't make the topping because I love cheesecake just plain. One of my children put a dab of 'American Spoon' Fruit Perfect on top (marionberries) and said it was fantastic. Will definitely keep it in the file box and make it again really soon. Thanks again!
Absolutely delicious and irresistible! My husband's cousin made this for a party and I have been hooked ever since. I just made these for a dinner party and wished I made more because there were no leftovers. I even had several people ask me for the recipe. This is a keeper!<br/><br/>My notes: I halved the recipe to make 12 cupcakes. Next time, I'm sticking with the whole recipe as 12 will not be enough (even for 7 people!). The ingredients say 8 graham crackers (for 1/2 the recipe). I wasn't sure if it meant 8 "whole" crackers or 4 "whole" crackers (which is 8 halves). I pulsed 8 whole crackers and found that I had double the amount of crumbs for the recipe. The filling seemed to not make enough for 12 cupcakes, so I had to literally spread it out to make 12. Initially I thought they were going to be tiny cupcakes, but they rose; plus, with the addition of the sour cream, it was the perfect amount. The cupcakes don't need any fruit topping, it is perfect by itself.
Loved them so much! Creamy, rich and fruity deliciousness!