Recipe by sofie-a-toast
I was cooking with a friend one day when we had a hankering for cheesecake. The only problem was that my favorite cheesecake recipe took all night to set. To fix the time problem, we came up with the genius idea of baking them in cupcake form so they would cool faster. It turned out fabulously and the cupcakes make perfect individual servings to serve at parties or after dinner.
Top Review by mbolle
Recipe was excellent! Easy to make and convenient for carrying along to a party. Didn't make the topping because I love cheesecake just plain. One of my children put a dab of 'American Spoon' Fruit Perfect on top (marionberries) and said it was fantastic. Will definitely keep it in the file box and make it again really soon. Thanks again!
- 16 graham crackers
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lb frozen berries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl pulverize the graham crackers.
- Stir the melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar into the crackers.
- Put a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake holder.
- Press firmly and evenly on the bottom.
- First Layer:.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake holder, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Second Layer:.
- Combine the sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the baked part, filling each cupcake holder completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator until cupcakes become firm enough to stand alone when paper holder is peeled away.
- Berry Topping:.
- In a medium saucepan combine the frozen berries and corn starch.
- Bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Simmer until the mixture becomes clear, stirring regularly.
- Cool to room teperature.
- Cover each cupcake with berries.