Recipe by dale!
Absolutely Divine. If you've never tried cheesecake like this before then I urge you to give it a try!
Top Review by Dib's
Hey dale! I look for this recipe yesterday and was so pleased to find you had it. My Mother used to make this, minus the nutmeg. I used the nutmeg and loved it. This really is a simple, easy but tasty Cheesecake! Nice and dense-no air in there and the sour cream topping is so yummy!!! Thanks so much for posting. Di
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain cookies, crushed
- 6 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 75 g butter, melted
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the crumbs, ground almonds, cream and melted butter.
- Press crumb mix into the base and sides of a 23cm springform tin.
- Chill crust while making the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar, then beat in the eggs and finally the rind and juice.
- Pour mixture into the chilled crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temp.
- Heat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Beat the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon over the top of the cheesecake and smooth.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then refridgerate for 6-12 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with the nutmeg to serve.