Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Absolutely Divine. If you've never tried cheesecake like this before then I urge you to give it a try!
- Stir together the crumbs, ground almonds, cream and melted butter.
- Press crumb mix into the base and sides of a 23cm springform tin.
- Chill crust while making the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar, then beat in the eggs and finally the rind and juice.
- Pour mixture into the chilled crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temp.
- Heat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Beat the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon over the top of the cheesecake and smooth.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then refridgerate for 6-12 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with the nutmeg to serve.
Hey dale! I look for this recipe yesterday and was so pleased to find you had it. My Mother used to make this, minus the nutmeg. I used the nutmeg and loved it. This really is a simple, easy but tasty Cheesecake! Nice and dense-no air in there and the sour cream topping is so yummy!!! Thanks so much for posting. Di