Recipe by Mj2trip
We have tweaked this recipe a little and think it's the best! Our friends and family think so too.
- 1 sleeve graham cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust - crush grahm crackers and add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Mix and form crust in bottom of a spring form pan.
- Filling - Using a mixer, soften cream cheese in large bowl. Add eggs one at a time. Add 1 cup sugar, vanilla, whipping cream and flour. mix until smooth.
- Pour over crust into spring form pan. Bake 300 degrees for 1 hour. Knife test and adjust cooking time. For creamier crack free cake, wrap springform pan in foil so water can not get in and place in a larger baking pan. Surround with boiling water. Your cooking time will be longer.
- Topping - mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Cool cake for 15 minutes then spread on topping. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool then refridgerate. Best when served at room tempature. Can top with fruit or just eat it as is.