Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
if desired 1 cup drained corn niblets may be added, and for more lighter fluffier casserole 1/4 tsp baking powder may be added, but it is not necessary.
Top Review by ala-kat
I made this as directed using fresh garlic & substituted McKenzie's frozen cream white corn for the stuff in the can, personal preference on our part. It was very well received and several commented that some jalapeno's would be good in it. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) or 2 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 -2 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers and minced garlic (if using); cook until softened, stirring occasionally, remove from heat, cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic powder (if using); mix well to combine.
- Mix in the onion/pepper mixture; stir to combine.
- Mix in the creamed corn and cornmeal and stir in 1/2 cup grated cheese (can use more cheese if desired); mix to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheese (or more if desired).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until puffed and golden.