Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite. My mom found this in a Catholic school cookbook. Even our exchange student from Finland loved it - he made my mom write down the recipe so his mom could make it when he went back home. Today, my children love it. My 5 year old says it is his favorite dish. If you want to make it healthier, you can use low sodium and low fat/no fat ingredients.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) packagekluski style egg noodles
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain off excess grease.
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Combine soups, corn and sour cream in a casserole dish.
- Add ground beef mixture and noodles.
- Stir until well combined.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350ºF.
This is a very easy recipe and wonderful as written, it's also easy to manipulate to use other ingrediants on hand.I made this recipe with peas instead of corn and it turned out great...I also tried it with 2 diced chicken breasts instead of the ground beef and it was wonderful as well.
this recipe is great on a cool fall evening!! my kids loved it! I added mushrooms,garlic powder & celery seeds & it came out great!!!!
I don't know what 'kluski' noodles are, so used whole wheat noodles & added some chopped green peppers, minced garlic and I used non-fat sour cream. I would still like more flavor, but it is a nice recipe to have on hand, Thanks Ginny.