Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is my mummy and my brothers favourite cake apparently. I just made it for mummy's birthday and I can see why. Mummy used to make this all the time when I was little. I couldn't believe how easy and quick it was.
- 177.44 ml self-raising flour
- 118.29 ml plain flour
- 2.46 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 354.88 ml grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 118.29 ml oil (I used vegetable)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml sour cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 60 g packaged cream cheese, softened
- 30 g soft butter
- 4.92 ml grated lemon rind
- 354.88 ml icing sugar
- 6 walnut halves (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 20cm ring pan, line base with paper; grease paper.
- Sift flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into bowl; stir in sugar and carrot.
- Combine oil, eggs and sour cream;stir into flour mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake in moderately slow oven for 50 minutes (mine took 30 in the aga - so watch it closely).
- Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- When cold, spread with frosting; decorate with walnut halves.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and lemon rind in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar; beat until combined.