Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my mummy and my brothers favourite cake apparently. I just made it for mummy's birthday and I can see why. Mummy used to make this all the time when I was little. I couldn't believe how easy and quick it was.
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I used vegetable)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 60 g packaged cream cheese, softened
- 30 g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 6 walnut halves (or more)
- Grease a 20cm ring pan, line base with paper; grease paper.
- Sift flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into bowl; stir in sugar and carrot.
- Combine oil, eggs and sour cream;stir into flour mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake in moderately slow oven for 50 minutes (mine took 30 in the aga - so watch it closely).
- Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- When cold, spread with frosting; decorate with walnut halves.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and lemon rind in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar; beat until combined.