Got this from a book at the library called "Healthy Cooking." All of my Vegan family members love it. When I make it for my hubby and son and I, I use real sour cream and real chocolate powder and real eggs. My son loves them with whipped cream on top and chocolate chips sprinkled on top of that. YUM. We use real maple syrup on them too. I double this recipe when I make it for us. The doubled recipe makes 6 waffles. As is, makes 3 waffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flours, carob and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, beat together the sour cream, yogurt, oil, molasses and eggs or egg substitute if you are using those until mixture is smooth.
- 3Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- 4Pour batter onto a hot, lightly oiled waffle iron and bake until cooked throughout.
- 5Serve hot with real maple syrup for breakfast or serve warm or cold with fruit for a dessert.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream-Carob Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 155.7 mg
- Sodium 196.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: