This is so elegant! I love this cake but what really makes it so wonderful are the macerated berries. Found this on Emerils.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (1 cup for cake-1/2 cup for berries)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 2Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 3Butter a 9" springform pan.
- 4Using an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar together.
- 5With the machine running add the egg yolks and beat until incorporated.
- 6Sift the flour, soda, baking powder and salt together.
- 7Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed butter in 3 parts, alternating with thirds of the sour cream.
- 8Beat until the batter is smooth.
- 9Add the vanilla.
- 10Fold in the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- 11Pour batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- 12Bake for 25 minutes, or until the center comes out clean.
- 13Remove the cake from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- 14After the cake has cooled, use a knife to loosen the sides of springform pan.
- 15Remove the springform and slice.
- 16Prepare the berries:.
- 17In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining sugar with the berries.
- 18Using the back of a fork, lightly mash the berries.
- 19Add the Grand Marnier to taste.
- 20To serve, place a slice of cake in the center of each plate.
- 21Spoon some of the macerated berries over piece of cake.
- 22Garnish the slice with whipped cream, powdered sugar and mint sprigs.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Cake With Macerated Berries
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: