Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From mom's recipe box. This cake is made in the popular bundt pan. Use the variety of you choice. so many prett and different cake forms for any occasion
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cardamom together.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add flour misture and sour cream alternately.
- Pour into well-greased and lightly floured bundt pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack and then dust with confectioners sugar.
This made a large cake. Baked it in a "fancy" loaf pan (with swirls and loops and such) The cake was very pretty when turned out. The batter was very very thick and stiff but once baked the consistency was OK. The instructions did not mention when the eggs should be added. Logically that would be between steps 3 and 4 so that is what I did, one at a time. The cake could use a little more spice, maybe some ground ginger, ground cinnamon or something like that. In my oven it baked for 70 minutes but that was maybe cause I used a loaf pan. It is a good basic cake and I will enjoy playing around with it. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thanks for posting.