Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Alberta, Canada
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup bacon fat
- 6 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Melt fat in large frying pan.
- Add cabbage and cook on low for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and sour cream.
- Stir until well blended, but do not boil.
- Serve hot when ready.
Wonderfully easy and delicious! I used the butter, since I didn't have bacon fat. I added chopped onion and just a splash of vinegar. This is a great way to fix cabbage. Thanx for posting. I'll make this again.