Recipe by Nicole Can Cook!
This cookie is a traditional favorite on the family cookie platter. Have time to make this cookie, as the dough needs to be chilled 4 hrs-overnight.
Top Review by LisaAD
Seems so easy, just roll out that dough. But no, it was crazy. I ended up having to add confectioners sugar (rather than flour) to the dough to tighten it up. The first batch was pathetic. Not being a quitter, I made a second batch. The second batch was much better. I rolled the dough between parchment paper and did not make them so thin. The flavor and the dough is fabulous, but this is not a beginner recipe. I am certain that Nicole Can Cook has made these so many times that she makes them in her sleep! They are delicious though!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut margarine into flour.
- Add egg yolk and sour cream.
- Shape into 4 balls and let them chill in the refrigerator (usually overnight).
- Roll balls into a circle so the dough is thin.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle the dough with the nut mixture.
- Cut the dough into 16 triangle pieces.
- Roll each section.
- Once placed on cookie sheet, brush with the egg white and if desired, sprinkle a little bit of the nut mixture on top.
- Bake 25 min at 350.