Recipe by Dorel
This is my adopted recipe as of Feb 2005. I made this yesterday and doubled the recipe for DH and I. It was very moist and tasty. It made a great tasting hamburger. It would also be good with potatoes and a vegetable. I didn't use the microwave, I just fried it up.
Top Review by Charlotte J
The sour cream did not have an over powering flavor to this burger. The green onions tasted fabulous. Did not use the extra sour cream on top of the burger. Thanks it's a keeper!
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green onion, Sliced
- 2 teaspoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 hamburger bun (Hamburger bun should be split, toasted and buttered.)
- lettuce leaf
- 1 slice tomatoes, thinly sliced
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 2 T sour cream, green onion, bread crumbs, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape the ground beef mixture into one 3/4-inch thick patty.
- Place the patty in a small baking dish.
- Loosely cover with clear plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Micro-cook, loosely covered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Turn patty over; rotate the baking dish a half turn.
- Micro-cook, loosely covered, on 100% power for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until done.
- Drain off fat.
- Serve on toasted bun with lettuce and tomato.
- Dolop with additional sour cream, if desired.